Friday, December 23, 2011

2 days till Christmas!

Oh no, I'm getting worse at this... Oh well, it's bound to happen.

Christmas is so close! It will be so wonderful to be with family and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. I know this is said a lot, but it is so hard to forget what Christmas is really about. You catch yourself thinking hmmm "I wonder what I will get for Christmas...." or "Oh no! What do I get this person..." and it becomes so much about the gifts. And giving is wonderful! But all the time we spend on shopping and planning, is probably exponentially higher than the amount of time we actually reflect on the amazing gift of grace. I mean really how awesome it is, that God would sacrifice His only son- who "made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death- even death on a cross!" (Phil. 2:7-8)- so that I and anyone else could have an eternal relationship with the God of the Universe. The perfect example of Love- and I think it's hard to accept that love sometimes, because I know that I am completely unworthy of this love. But my debt has been paid and I am His! He loves me so much that he will "rejoice over me with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17) Thinking about hearing God sing blows my mind, but Him singing for ME? Incomprehensible!

The best part about my past couple days has been hanging out with some of my best friends: Michael, Doug, Lashawna, Kaylee, Marc, Anna, Nathaniel and Nick. I can't even express how much I love them and how much their friendship has meant to me over the past 7 years. Anna just turned 20 yesterday! Out of the teens! *high five to Anna* She is so wonderful! Kaylee and Marc get married in 1 week!!! So Surreal!

In short God has given me the best gifts of all and for this I am so grateful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment